#InfertilityUncovered — RESOLVE wants to use this theme to raise awareness about the significant lack of access to family building options and emotional support for millions of women and men struggling to build a family. National Infertility Awareness Week®, founded in 1989 by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, is the largest public awareness campaign that addresses the public health issue of infertility. This year’s observance is April 21-27, 2019. As the public discourse around infertility is at an all-time high, we’d like to highlight the issues important to the millions of Americans struggling to build a family. Infertility does not discriminate based on sex, race, religion, age or even socio-economic status. Let’s uncover the issues of access facing the most vulnerable members of our community — those without access to insurance coverage for infertility care or the economic means to pay out-of-pocket for treatments, third-party options or adoption. And let’s get real about the support needed to resolve infertility.
How you can be part of the #InfertilityUncovered movement?
- share your own family building journey with your family, friends or extended social networks. Get social with us.
- feel empowered to talk to your employer and uncover for them the truth about the lack of access to insurance coverage and other financial support. RESOLVE can help you with this conversation.
- start a fundraiser for RESOLVE and use it as a way to uncover the facts about infertility. We’ll get you started.
How can your fertility clinic or business be part of the #InfertilityUncovered movement?
- use the week to share information about the medical treatments/services/options available to help people build their families.
- host a fundraiser for RESOLVE to support our awareness and advocacy efforts.
- talk to the press about the lack of access to coverage and support and showcase the ways you’re support the activities to help increase both.
- download the ToolKit for more ideas