Online - sign up on Eventbrite
WHAT IS ROBYN?
Robyn connects maternal wellness providers to aspiring, expecting and new parents.
WHAT IS BABY QUEST?
Baby Quest Foundation provides financial grants to aspiring parents who can’t afford fertility treatments.
FREE Virtual Book Talk: The Trying Game: Get Through Fertility Treatment and Get Pregnant Without Losing Your Mind.
Amy Klein is a health journalist and essayist, whose work has appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, Slate, Salon and other publications. Her Fertility Diary column in The New York Times following her four-year journey to have a baby, with ten doctors, four miscarriages and one beautiful daughter. Her book, The Trying Game: Get Through Fertility Treatment and Get Pregnant Without Losing Your Mind was just published by Penguin/Random House. http://thetryinggamebook.com/
WHAT TO EXPECT?
We will address the following questions:
- How has Coronavirus affected people TCC and going through fertility treatment?
- For people who are still TTC, can you talk about how stress affects fertility?
- What are some things people can do to help themselves while TTC now?
- I know you write about Baby Envy in your book. Now that we’re all stuck at home on social media, how can people who are struggling with Infertility deal with all the social media posts complaining about their kids and all the usual baby envy — when everything is put on hold?
- Treatment sounds so expensive…how can people afford it?
- If you have friends who are struggling, what is the best way to help them?
Tuesday, April 21st at 5 PM PST/8 PM EST | on Zoom (link to be circulated)
It will be MOST helpful for aspiring parents who want to learn more about trying to conceive, those who have followed Amy Klein’s writing and experiences, and those looking for an experiential outlet during National Infertility Awareness Week (NIAW).
HOMEWORK BEFORE THE CLASS:
Please send any and all questions that you want answered to Carolyn at email@example.com
- Focus on facts not fear.
- Address the elephant in the room. What does trying to conceive in the landscape of COVID-19 mean for us? How can we take control of what we can control?
- Take an integrative, holistic approach
- Focus on questions and information that will be most helpful during this time
- Spread misinformation, or give you data that isn’t confirmed about trying to conceive and COVID-19 by the CDC yet.
- Say one path to parenthood is better than another.
*** REMINDER: Please send all questions before the course to Carolyn at Carolyn@WeAreRobyn.Co ***
Want to learn more about becoming a provider on Robyn? Email Girlie Salgueiro at Girlie@WeAreRobyn.Co to apply.
Needing financial help with future treatment, please visit: www.babyquestfoundation.org
More fine print: The information covered in this session and on wearerobyn.co is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.